Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Eeeeeeeek

It never rains but it pours. I've a deadline Wednesday. On Friday my computer packed up, dead, zilch. Lost half the script. Spent the rest of Friday buying a new computer, getting it set up and generally playing with it. Had Saturday off thinking I still had plenty of time.

BIG MISTAKE

Sunday I got hit with a bug which meant losing half my body weight from both ends. For two days I did nothing but crawl to the toilet and sleep. Occasionaly at the same time.

The moral of the story is you have no such thing as free time until AFTER the script is done!

7 comments:

Lucy V said...

No way! At least be comforted by the fact something similar happened to me - thought I had plenty of time before a deadline TODAY so went away for weekend... Came back with a baby with a cold that's spent the last two nights crying her eyes out so I'm totally knackered and my productivity has been halved.

Lucy V said...

oooh dear...Reading that back, that sounds as if I went away for the weekend and brought back a RANDOM baby, I should prob stress I made her myself and took her away with me in the first place! ; )

English Dave said...

lol lucy, I did think that must have been some weekend!

wcdixon said...

Ouch...and yet another example of how we freelancers don't get 'sick days' (or at least, not when we need them).

English Dave said...

Funny thing though Will. After my enforced detox I'm full of energy. Or hysterical, one or the other. Today I wrote nearly two thirds of a half hour script in six hours.
Is it any good? I'll know as soon as I get rid of these damn flying hedgehogs.

Phill Barron said...

Keep the hedgehogs, always keep the hedgehogs.

"The Book of Don" said...

Hedge hogs and foundlings and streaming gushers of diarrhea these are quite the mental images to start the day with...

...and it's snowing here too.