Friday, December 01, 2006

A Change Is As Good As A Rest

I'm been particularly fecund, ideas wise over the last few days. I mean ideas that have real promise not the six a week brain-farts or ones that might slip a sleeping producer by if you cross your fingers and write the crap out of a spec.

I mean honest to goodness cracking ideas.

I put it down to the fact that I've had some weird lurgie over the last three days. Aches and pains just about everywhere at different times. A constant headache, [which I never get] dizziness and a feeling that I'm walking with someone elses legs. It's like being drunk and hungover at the same time. Disconcerting as I haven't had a drink in a week. Maybe that's the problem?

Anyway, the result is that for the last three days I've been pretty much lying down and watching TV or going for long walks, both of which seem to alleviate the headache and pains. [the lying down more than the watching TV] What seems to make them worse is sitting at my computer. Which is what I tend to do for at least 8 hours a day. Mostly not writing.

So the conclusion I've come to is that by not putting pressure on myself to write my mind is free to wander where it will. I try to do that anyway as a rule, but usually while sitting at my computer.

Now, if I were even more paranoid I could begin to think the bastard laptop is posessed and is somehow draining energy and ideas from me for some satanic purpose. But I think I'll go with the 'putting myself under pressure' theory. For now.


The good news is that I'm not really a 'doctor' guy. I might make an appointment if my arm was hanging off or I suddenly went blind. Other than that I tend to believe my body will eventually take care of itself. So hopefully a few more days of feeling like crap but coming up with more good ideas. Woo Hoooooooooo!

Ow. Feeling pain again. Must go. Bloody computer.

4 comments:

Dominic Carver said...

"Aches and pains just about everywhere at different times. A constant headache, [which I never get] dizziness and a feeling that I'm walking with someone elses legs. It's like being drunk and hungover at the same time." - Oh dear, I think you might have procrastusgoandwatchtvcus. The only cure is to rent 20 DVD's and watch them one after the other.

Hope you feel better soon.

English Dave said...

Thank you Dom. I'll check to see if Blockbuster is available on the NHS.

potdoll said...

Oh dear time to get the Calpol out.

Hope you're feeling in better spirits by now Lisher.

English Dave said...

Down to just back pain now Potty. Viva Calpol!